The company’s name came from the first two letters of the three owners who founded Pohaki Lumber. Steve Pogorelce, Newton Hahne and Clarence Kintner purchased a yard that was built in 1896 as a retail store for a local sawmill and was known as W.T. Bailey Lumber Company. It continues to be a family run operation going into the third generation. Al & Mary (Steve’s daughter) Williams purchased it from Steve Pogorelce in 1988 and Brandon & Heather (Al & Mary’s daughter) Seppala purchased it in 2008.